Pages

Collagraph - Printmaking ink over Rives BFK paper, 8.5x6 in.

Printmaking ink on Rives BFK paper, 9.25 x 7.5

I am taking a printmaking course with Eleanor Anderson, who is so incredibly talented, in printmaking, and in ceramics! I love her work, she is highly inspiring to me.
The first week was lino cut, which I like, but didn't create anything transcending.
This week we did collagraphy, which is is a printmaking process in which materials are applied to a rigid substrate (such as paperboard or wood).  Ink or pigment is applied to the resulting collage, and the board is used to print onto paper or another material using either a printing press or various hand tools. The resulting print is termed a collagraph. A variety of materials can be used in creating the collagraph plate. I used vinyl onto mat board. After I sketched my composition, I put it together, which took a while. The result feels like magic and I want to explore that medium further as it was totally thrilling.

No comments: