Pages

Sunny Day

Mixed media on board - 10 x 10 in.

Joan Miró said "Courage consists sometimes of staying close to nature, which could not care less about our disasters." 
I find it incredibly true, in the sense that nautre is here, always present, and that it can take courage to disengage ourselves from the daily dramas, regardless of how terrible they can be, and find solace in nature and what it is to us.
The target is a symbol that I favor, forcing me to remain aware and sharp. Mindful, if you wish. It allows me to create work that is lively, connected to nature, daring to be here, present. 
My hope is that none of my work leaves people indifferent. I'd like to allow people's imagination to wander and wonder, to let the mind dream a little, take us out of the realm of daily news, technology, business and everything that makes us feel overly busy and stressed. 



No comments: