Pages

Festival

Acrylics on wood board - 10 x 10

I had started this as a simple study in texture but it developed in a lovely way. I work intuitively, very often, letting the piece lead me into a certain direction. I had many doubts that I was going down a good path on this one, but after I made the decision to add some lines, some green, some shapes, it got better and better. Working with gray is also very satisfying as its variation are endless. 
I was inspired by some colors on one of our maple trees outside. It's a Rocky Mountain maple, and it has numerous of those little helicopter seeds ripening. They are amazing shades of pink and orange, and the green leaves provided a great contrast. After that, it's a world in my imagination that takes over. I like this piece a lot.

No comments: